By Emily Allen
There are three types of people I follow on Twitter – journerds, friends and fashionistas. It’s an eclectic bunch to say the least. These fashionistas are fashion bloggers, designers and fashion magazines and they are pioneers for fashion in social. Here is a list of my favorites for those of you with an insatiable appetite for fashion:
- Sydne Style (@SydneSummer) – She tweets pictures almost every day with new looks to try for less. She is also constantly out on shoots and attending shows and tweets live updates with what designers are doing.
- LiveRunway.com – Sadly, I have never been to New York Fashion Week but this nifty site makes it easy to stay in the loop. You’ll have to wait until the next fashion week rolls around to give it a shot. Get this – it live streams runway shows. Plus, it goes back stage and posts videos of interviews with models, make-up artists, etc. Make sure you knock everything off your to-do list before entering this site – it’s hard to stop watching!
- Cathy Horny (@CathyHornyNYT) – I started following her on Twitter after reading Social Media Delivered’s “Top 20 Twitter Fashion Account to Follow.” She is a writer for the New York Times’ Runway blog so she does a great job of reporting on shows and weighing in on the season’s new looks.
- Fendi YouTube Channel – There are a bunch of Designer YouTube Channels – Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Prada, etc. – that have been popping up over the past couple of months. They post videos of interviews with the designers and models backstage. If you like the show “How It’s Made,” there are a bunch of videos on how some of their shoes are made by hand and it’d interesting to watch.
5. Women’s Wear Daily (@Womensweardaily) – Social Media Delivered describes it as “just like a newspaper on Fashion.” It tweets about the fashion business as well as trends. It’s a pretty hefty price for an annual subscription to Women’s Wear Daily but readers can still get a lot of information from following them on Twitter.